Phone / Extension No.
Dr. Pang Chok Wang
MBBS (UM), MRCP (UK)
What is the role of a Physician and Gastroenterologist?
Internal Medicine deals with the Adult Medicine. Common internal medical problems are hypertension, diabetes mellitus, infections, ischaemic heart disease, stroke, lungs diseases and rheumatism. Gastroenterology is a subspecialty of Internal Medicine. A Gastroenterologist is a physician specialized in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, small bowel, large bowel) as well as hepatobiliary system (liver, gallbladder, pancreas).
When do you need to see a Gastroenterologist?
You should always seek medical advice from a Gastroenterologist if you experience:
- Heartburn and reflux symptoms.
- Tummy pain (anywhere on the abdomen).
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Vomiting especially if it is blood or passing out blood.
- Lethargy, nausea, poor appetite.
- Jaundice (yellowish eyes and dark-colored urine).
- Told to have any form of hepatitis / liver problem / cirrhosis.
- Told to have Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
- Told to have Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Any problems regarding alcoholism.