Phone / Extension No.
Sat : 8.30am - 5.30pm
Dr. Lee Boon Leong 李文龙医生
Internal Medicine 内科专科
MBBS (UM), MRCP (UK), AM (Malaya), FNHAM, FAsCC
A graduate of the University of Malaya 1974, Dr. Lee earned his membership of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 1979. After serving as Consultant Physician and Head of Medical Units in the General Hospital Kuala Lumpur and Melaka, he completed his interventional cardiology fellowship in Melbourne Australia in 1983 to 1984, returning to his appointment as the Melaka State Physician (1984 to 1985). He has a vast experience in internal medicine and cardiology and is a keen medical intensivist, with interest in sleep medicine, diabetes, hypertension, strokes and heart diseases.
What is the role of a Cardiologist?
Cardiology is a branch of Internal Medicine dealing with disorders of the heart. A cardiologist is a physician who specializes in this field of medicine. This includes medical diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology.
When do you need to see a Cardiologist?
You should always seek medical advice from a Cardiologist if you experience:
- Sudden onset of chest pain on exertion or at rest.
- Shortness of breath on exertion or at rest.
- Palpitation or abnormal heart beats.
- Giddiness or lethargy associated with weak pulse or slow heart beat.
- Legs swelling with shortness of breath.
- Difficulty in breathing especially when lying down.
- Loss of consciousness preceded by chest pain or palpitation.
- Progressively reduce effort tolerance over the days.
- History of heart attack or any heart disease.
- Uncomfortable feeling in the chest with positive family history of heart disease or sudden death.