Dr. G. Dharmindra Rajah
DDS (UKM), MDS (OMFS) (HK)
PgCert (Advanced Implantology) (Manipal)
Dr. Dharmindra is an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon trained in the University of Hong Kong. He also has an additional qualification in Advanced Oral Implantology from Manipal University, India.
What is the role of an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon?
An Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon is a dental specialist trained to manage injuries and diseases in the mouth, jaws and surrounding facial region.
When do you need to see an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon?
You should always seek medical advice from an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon if you experience:
- On and off pain and swelling at your wisdom teeth area.
- A previous history of difficult extraction and you need another tooth to be taken out.
- Suspicious swellings, lumps or ulcers in the mouth.
- Missing teeth and want it to be replaced by dental implants.
- Your teeth and jaws are misaligned leading to difficulty in chewing and enjoying your food.
- Jaw joint pains with or without click sounds and limitation of mouth opening.
- A fractured jaw or cheekbone, bruises or cuts to the face due to trauma such as a motor-vehicle accident, assault or a fall.
- Multiple, complex medical diseases such as poorly controlled Diabetes mellitus or Hypertension and needing dental treatment.