Dr. Robert Yeo Kim Chuan 杨金全医生
MBBS (Malaya), FRCS (UK), MMed (Ophthal)(S’pore)
What is the role of an Ophthalmologist?
Ophthalmologists are trained specialist in diagnosing and treating eye diseases, conditions and eye injuries. They are also surgeons who specialize in eye surgeries such as cataracts, squints, eyelid procedures, pterygiums and glaucoma. They are also trained in laser treatment for various indications. Prevention of diabetic eye diseases, age related macular degeneration (ARMD) and glaucoma are main concern too.
When do you need to see an Ophthalmologist?
You should always seek medical advice from an Ophthalmologist if you experience:
- Reduced vision and glare due to cataract.
- Eye redness and pain.
- Diabetic eye screening is a must if you have diabetes.
- Age more than 40 to rule out glaucoma.
- Distortion of vision due to age related macular degeneration.
- Eye lid abnormalities or malposition.
- Eye deviation or squint.
- Eye trauma and injuries.
- Double vision or headache.
- Dry eyes.