Dr. Yeap Chee Loong 叶子龙医生
Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery 上消化道专科
MBBS (Malaya), M.Surg (Malaya), AM (Malaya)
Senior Fellowship in Advanced Upper GI Surgery (Edinburgh, UK)
Dr. Yeap Chee Loong is certified by the National Specialist Registry (NSR) in General & Upper GI Surgery. Prior to his current position as a Consultant Surgeon at the Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre, he was a Senior Surgical Lecturer, teaching and practicing at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. In the course of his career, he has undergone advanced surgical training at the world renowned Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, United Kingdom. While Dr. Yeap treats all general surgical diseases, he has a special interest in minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery, hernia surgery, bariatric (weight loss) surgery and upper gastrointestinal cancer surgery.
What is the role of a General & Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon?
Upper Gastrointestinal surgery is a subspecialty within the specialty of “General Surgery”. While a general surgeon is capable of treating all general surgical conditions, including colorectal, breast, thyroid and hepatobiliary diseases, competently, an upper Gastrointestinal surgeon receives advanced training in handling more complex and complicated upper Gastrointestinal surgical diseases as well as performing keyhole surgery.
When do you need to see a General & Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon?
You should always seek medical advice from a Surgeon if you experience:
- Abdominal pain / Indigestion / Reflux symptoms.
- Unable to swallow / Unexplained weight loss / Blood vomiting.
- Symptoms of any hernia (groin or abdomen wall hernia).
- Altered bowel habit / Blood in the stool / Weight loss / Constipation / Chronic diarrhea.
- Breast lump / Breast cancer.
- Thyroid swelling / Neck lump.
- Morbid obesity (for weight loss) / Metabolic disease e.g. diabetes & hypertension.
- Gallstones disease.
- Jaundice / Abdominal distension.
- Acute abdominal pain.
- Symptoms of hemorrhoids / Fistula-in-ano.
- Lymph nodes swelling / Abscesses.