Phone / Extension No.
Sat : 8.30am – 12.30pm
Wed & Fri : 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Dr. Tan Nugroho Cipto 陈明医生
MD (UGM, Ina), MCE (NUS, S’pore), MOG (Malaya)
SpOG (UI, Ina), AM (Mal), FICS (USA)
Fellowship in Infertility & Reproductive Medicine (UKM)
Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (USA)
Masters Course in Non-Surgical Aesthetic Gynaecology (USA)
Dr. Tan Nugroho Cipto is a highly trained Obstetrician & Gynaecologist with further specialization in the field of Embryology and Infertility obtained from such renowned institutions such as the National University of Singapore. He has vast experience with over 15years of clinical practice in his field. Prior to working with the Oriental Melaka Medical Centre, Dr Tan worked and taught at the University of Malaya Medical Centre and was instrumental in setting up the In Vitro Fertilization Unit there. Amongst his many achievements, he has been honored as a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (FICS) and is a member of the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia.
What is the role of a Obstetrician & Gynaecologist?
An Obstetrician & Gynaecologist is a specialist in Women’s Health and Reproductive care. It ranges from first menstrual period which happen at the onset of puberty, reproductive period with fertility, pregnancy and their problems, up to menopause which is the cessation of a woman’s reproductive ability and it’s problem thereafter.
When do you need to see an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist?
You should always seek medical advice from an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist if you experience:
- Menstrual problems (irregularity, pain, abnormal flow).
- Itchiness and foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
- Pre-marital, pre-pregnancy screening/counselling.
- Fertility problems for investigation and treatment including Sperm Analysis, Laparoscopy procedures, controlled ovarian stimulation, Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) and In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
- General obstetrics/pregnancy/childbirth/ante- and post-natal check up.
- Family planning/contraception counselling.
- Abdominal bloating/distension associated with female reproductive organ (fibroid, ovarian cyst).
- Post coital bleeding.
- Routine gynaecological cancer screening and exams including PAP Smear.
- Menopause/Post-menopausal problems (bleeding, hot flushes, osteoporosis, vaginal dryness).