Phone / Extension No.
Sat : 8.30am – 12.30pm
Dr. Tan Li Ping 陈立品医生
MD (Canada), MPH (Malaya), FASN (USA)
Fellowship in Transplant Nephrology (USA)
Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
Certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology (USA)
Dr. Tan Li Ping obtained his Medical Degree from the University of Calgary, Canada in 2001 and went on to complete his training in Internal Medicine and Nephrology, attaining acceditationfrom the American Board of Internal Medicine in 2007 after which he went on to obtain additional specilization in the field of Transplant Nephrology. He has won multiple awards for teaching and service excellence and is a published researcher. In 2013, he was elected to be a Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology in recognition of his work. Aside from general medical conditions, Dr. Tan treats diseases of the kidney and related conditions such as hypertension.
What is the role of a Nephrologist?
A Nephrologist is a Physician specializing in diseases of the kidney and is an expert in the management of a variety of kidney diseases including those that arise from illnesses such as SLE. Other fields of expertise are in Dialysis, Transplantation, Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances, Hypertension and the medical management of kidney stones.
When do you need to see a Nephrologist?
You should always seek medical advice from a Nephrologist if you experience:
- Pain during urination or changes in frequency or volume of urination.
- Urine that has presence of protein or blood.
- Facial puffiness, abdominal bloating or leg swelling that may suggest presence of kidney disease.
- Lethargy, reduced appetite, nausea, vomiting, metallic taste in mouth that may suggest toxin buildup from kidney failure.
- Blood tests that show abnormalities in electrolytes (e.g. Sodium, Potassium, Bicarbonate).
- Blood tests that show abnormalities in kidney function (e.g. Creatinine or GFR).
- Diabetes Mellitus related kidney damage.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Kidney failure on hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis or transplantation.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD).