Phone / Extension No.
Saturday : 8.30 am - 12.30 pm
Evening Clinic Available
Every Mon, Wed & Friday : 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm
Dr. Long Yew Giin 龍耀锦医生
M.D. (Taiwan), Paediatrician (Department of Health, Taiwan)
Paediatric Cardiologist (Taiwan Society of Cardiology)
Paediatric Neonatologist (Taiwan Society of Neonatology)
Dr. Long Yew Giin is a Consultant Paediatrician who specializes in Paediatric Cardiology and Neonatology. He graduated from National Defense Medical Centre, Taiwan in the year 2000. Subsequently, he obtained his qualification as a Consultant Paediatrician in 2004 from the Taiwan Paediatric Association. During his employment period, he is involved actively in various academic activities. He then pursued his sub-specialty training in neonatology and paediatric cardiology where he qualified in neonatology from the Society of Neonatology of Taiwan in April 2009 while Paediatric Cardiology with the Taiwan Society of Cardiology in December 2009. Dr. Long has been a practising Consultant Paediatrician in Madou Sin Lau Hospital, Taiwan for more than 10 years. With his experience, Dr. Long is able to manage general paediatrics and neonatal care. Dr. Long is also trained to diagnose and treat children with cardiac conditions. Amongst the procedures that Dr. Long is experienced in are paediatric echocardiography, ECG interpretation, 24 hours holter monitoring, exercise testing, paediatric cardiac catheterization and neonatal brain echocardiography.
What is the role of a Paediatrician?
A Paediatrician is a doctor who offers specialized medical care to infants, children and adolescents. The role of the paediatrician includes treating acutely ill patients in addition to providing preventive health services for well children. Pediatricians take care of the physical and emotional well-being of children at every stage of development in times of sickness and health.
When do you need to see a Paediatrician?
Treating children is not like treating a miniature adult because their smaller body is physiologically different. Do seek help from a Paediatrician if you have the following concerns for your child.
- Acutely ill and having infections or injuries.
- Long standing illnesses requiring continuous care and support.
- Check-up for newborn to identify congenital or hereditary problems.
- Advice on general health, well-being, nutrition and safety.
- Growth & Development – making sure your child is meeting the appropriate milestones.
- Early screening and detection of developmental delays, behavioural problems and functional disabilities.
- Administration of immunisations and its importance in preventable diseases.
- Referral and collaboration with other specialties for multidisciplinary care.