Dr. Liu Chian Ming 刘健明医生
MD (UKM), MOG (UKM)
What is the role of an Obstetrics & Gynaecologist?
Obstetrician & Gynaecologist deals with pap smear, uterine, ovaries or vaginal infections, fertility problems or contraception, tubal ligations, hysterectomies, as well as pregnancy, post-natal/post-partum care and delivery.
When do you need to see an Obstetrics & Gynaecologist?
You should always seek medical advice from an Obstetrician & Gynecologist if:
- It has been three months or more since your last period.
- You have stomach pain, fever, and fluid coming from your vagina that is yellow, gray, or green with a strong smell which are possible signs of a serious condition called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) that needs immediate treatment.
- You are having problems with your period, like a lot of pain, bleeding heavily, or bleeding for longer than usual, or it has stopped coming regularly.
- You have not gotten your period by the age of 15 or within three years of when your breasts started to grow.
- When you have difficulty to conceive, to give birth or to have pregnancy spacing for your family.