Phone / Extension No.
Dr. Lau Yoke Fhan 刘玉芬医生
MBBS (Malaya), MRCP (UK)
What is the role of a Paediatrician?
A Paediatrician is a doctor who offers specialized medical care to infants, children and adolescents. The role of the paediatrician includes treating acutely ill patients in addition to providing preventive health services for well children. Pediatricians take care of the physical and emotional well-being of children at every stage of development in times of sickness and health.
When do you need to see a Paediatrician?
Treating children is not like treating a miniature adult because their smaller body is physiologically different. Do seek help from a Paediatrician if you have the following concerns for your child.
- Acutely ill and having infections or injuries.
- Long standing illnesses requiring continuous care and support.
- Check-up for newborn to identify congenital or hereditary problems.
- Advice on general health, well-being, nutrition and safety.
- Growth & Development – making sure your child is meeting the appropriate milestones.
- Early screening and detection of developmental delays, behavioural problems and functional disabilities.
- Administration of immunisations and its importance in preventable diseases.
- Referral and collaboration with other specialties for multidisciplinary care.