Dr. G. Dharmindra Rajah
DDS (UKM), MDS (OMFS) (HK)
PgCert (Advanced Implantology) (Manipal)
Dr. Dharmindra is an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon trained in the University of Hong Kong. He also has an additional qualification in Advanced Oral Implantology from Manipal University, India. His patients are mainly those with impacted wisdom teeth, jaw joint problems and those wanting dental implants to replace missing teeth.
What is the role of an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon?
An Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon is a dental specialist trained to manage injuries and diseases in the mouth, jaws and surrounding facial region.
When do you need to see an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon?
You should always seek medical advice from an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon if you experience:
- On and off pain and swelling at your wisdom teeth area.
- A previous history of difficult extraction and you need another tooth to be taken out.
- Suspicious swellings, lumps or ulcers in the mouth.
- Missing teeth and want it to be replaced by dental implants.
- Your teeth and jaws are misaligned leading to difficulty in chewing and enjoying your food.
- Jaw joint pains with or without click sounds and limitation of mouth opening.
- A fractured jaw or cheekbone, bruises or cuts to the face due to trauma such as a motor-vehicle accident, assault or a fall.
- Multiple, complex medical diseases such as poorly controlled Diabetes mellitus or Hypertension and needing dental treatment.